In partnership with Vet Tech US, Kane County is opening a third permanent Recycling Center in Aurora for electronics, appliances, clothing, and scrap metal. See a full list of locations and hours on the Kane County website.
All three permanent recycling centers are open to the general public and businesses from any county. All businesses must identify themselves, which is as simple as bringing a business card. See the Guidelines for Businesses on the Kane County website.
The staff can unload for you at all Kane County Recycling Centers. TVs and computer monitors are the only items that have a cost to recycle. All other items are free to drop off!
Location: 911 N Lake St., Aurora, IL
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., year-round.
- Appliances: toasters, blenders, microwaves, etc. (No Freon containing devices)
- Electronics: Accepted Items List
- Scrap Metal
- Textiles & Clothing: Accepted Items List
Monitors and Televisions do have a cost to recycle. All other electronics are free to drop off.
- $25 fee for screens under 21 inches (measured diagonally)
- $35 fee for screens 21 inches or over (measured diagonally)
- Online: You may pay online in advance for any TVs or monitors and bring your printed receipt with you. You will need to show the printed receipt.
- Card: You can pay by credit card at the time of delivery.
- Cash: Must be the exact amount. Change will not be given.
For more information, contact Jennifer Jarland, Kane County Recycling Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-208-3841.