Downtown Comprehensive Plan Update
The City is initiating an update to the 2013 Comprehensive Plan- Downtown Sub Area Plan. The Subarea Plan identifies "Catalyst Sites" in the downtown area for potential redevelopment. The plan defines Catalyst Sites as Underutilized properties where redevelopment could have a catalytic impact on the surrounding area.
Goals of the Comprehensive Plan Amendment:
- Re-assess and prioritize redevelopment opportunities in Downtown
- Set the stage for public investment in potential projects
Scope of the Amendment (tentative):
North of Main Street: Visionary/Big Picture
- Create a vision for riverfront parcels and adjacent blocks
- Identify development opportunities in response to the 2015 Fox River Corridor Plan, and an ongoing Economic Impact Analysis of the plan, to be completed in early 2019
- Identify future uses for the current Police Station and surrounding City-owned property
South of Main Street: Focused/Individual Parcels
- Reflect progress on First Street Redevelopment Project and other development activity in downtown.
- Highlight underutilized/ infill development parcels (working within existing framework of downtown blocks)
The complete 2013 Comprehensive Plan can be viewed here.