Any questions regarding this project, please contact the Public Works Department at 630-377-4405.
All water service connections for this project were completed yesterday! We appreciate your continued patience and support during this project. We continue to progress towards completion on this project. There will NOT be any work taking place on Thanksgiving day and we wish you and yours a wonderful holiday.
The remaining work and anticipated dates (weather dependent) include:
- North Avenue – Connection of the new main to the existing main. This work is anticipated to be completed Wednesday 11/25.
- Marion Avenue – Cut and cap of existing main to take place on Wednesday 11/25.
- Old Valve Vaults – Frames will be removed and structures abandoned on N. 5th Avenue. This work is scheduled to be completed on Wednesday 11/25.
- IL Route 25 Concrete Patches – Any remaining locations that require concrete pavement patching are anticipated to be completed on Wednesday 11/25. These locations will be covered with a steel plate. These plates will remain in place until Friday 11/27 at which time the contractor will be out to remove them for the weekend.
- Pavement Patching & Resurfacing (Allen Lane and Iroquois Avenue) – The paving contractor is working on the pavement patching for both Allen Lane and Iroquois Avenue and anticipate being complete on Wednesday 11/25. The goal is to have the pavement resurfacing completed on Wednesday 11/25 as well. Should they not be able to complete the final layer of asphalt on 11/25 they will be out the following week to compete this work.
- N. 5th Avenue Resurfacing – We are watching the weather daily and at this point it looks like we will have a window of opportunity next week to complete the pavement resurfacing between North Avenue and Johnor Lane next week. This work will include the milling off of the top pavement surface, placement of fresh oil on the roadway and placement of two layers of new pavement. The roadway will be open to one lane of traffic during this time, with flaggers directing traffic during this work. There will be delays during this work. Once the pavement is completed pavement marking will be placed. This work is anticipated to take place for the full duration of the week and if we are delayed due to schedule we will push work to the following day.
- Landscape Restoration – It is anticipated that the contractor will be out next week continue the grading and landscape restoration. The landscape restoration includes topsoil, seed and blanket. The seed will remain dormant during the winter months, but will begin to germinate when weather conditions are conducive in the Spring. This material will be inspected in the Spring to make sure we have all areas growing appropriately and will fix any areas needing attention at that time.
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact the Public Works Department at 630-377-4405.