The City of St. Charles offers a cost-sharing program for planting parkway trees. The “50/50 Parkway Tree Program” allows residents to request additional trees for planting in the city parkways.
Please contact the Public Works Department at 630.377.4405 or email@example.com to make a request. Once you submit your request, the City arborist will review your parkway to ensure it is suitable for planting an additional tree. After approval, you will receive confirmation that includes ordering and payment information for the new parkway tree. The tree species vary based on availability and the City's diversification plans for your area. Current available tree species and your cost are:
- Crabapple $170 - Small size
- Alleghany Serviceberry $173 - Small size recommended under utility lines
- State Street Maple $176 - Medium size, limited planting based on location and tree population
- Horse Chestnut $183 - Medium size
- Turkish Filbert $205 - Medium size
- Hybrid Elm $176 - Large size
- London Planetree $176 - Large size, spring planting only
- Swamp White Oak $183 - Large size, spring planting only
- Hackberry $183 - Large size
For more information about specific tree species, visit the Morton Arboretum website or the St. Charles Public Library. Larger size trees are available at an additional cost of $100 per ½ inch diameter upgrade. If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Office at 630.377.4405 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.