No, you can make a one-time payment through Paymentus without an online profile. You will need to know your utility account number and the phone number registered to your account. Of course, you can still make your payment in person, at a drop box, through the mail, or through other existing methods.
City Utility Bill Payment Basics
Yes, the Paymentus payment site requires third-party cookies be enabled for their site. When cookies are disabled you are unable to make payments or access bill information online, and you will see a message that you must have third-party cookies enabled in your web browser.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
- An online profile gives you the most payment options
- Schedule automatic payments each month
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, debit card, or from your checking account (eCheck)
- Call the 24-hour payment number to pay over the phone (coming soon!)
- Pay online from a computer or mobile device, such as a tablet or smartphone
- Pay by text from a smartphone (coming soon!)
- Pay directly from a bill emailed to you in a monthly notification (coming soon!)
- You can view a copy of your paper bill
- You can view your online payment history
- You will receive an email notification to let you know when your bill is ready and when a payment has been received.
You will need your email address and your utility account number.
On the Paymentus Registration page, you will create a profile using your email address and a password. Once logged on to the Paymentus Customer Portal, associate your utility account number with your profile using the Accounts > Add Account option.
You can get your account number from a copy of your bill or by calling our Utility Billing Office at 630.377.4426.