April’s Landmark of the Month is the Franklin Curtis House. This house is located at 516 N 3rd Ave, and was designated as a landmark last year. Franklin Curtis built this English Cottage style home on Terra Cotta foundation in 1926, and the garage was added sometime later. Shortly after 2008, an addition was added to the east side elevation. Mr. Curtis lived in the home until 1941, when he sold it to George E. Thompson. Mr. Thompson was the superintendent of St. Charles schools from 1919- 1958. He lived in the home until his retirement. Thompson middle school was named in his honor.
For more information about Historic Preservation, please visit https://www.stcharlesil.gov/historic-preservation
Franklin Curtis House- 516 N 3rd Ave.
Built ca. 1926