The Spring Clean Up program is back for 2020. Offered every two years, Spring Clean Up allows residents to place unwanted items at the curb for pick up. This is a service for residents within St. Charles city limits only.
2020 Collection Dates
- June 6 for residents on the east side of the river
- June 13 for those on the west side of the river
Lakeshore Recycling Systems will pick up items placed at the curb (not in the street). Have items out before 7 a.m. to ensure pickup. Once collection crews have passed through an area they will not come back. Also, please do not place items out more than 48 hours before collection.
Loose materials should be put in containers when possible. However, don't use your recycling cart as a spring clean up container.
Prohibited from Spring Clean Up - These Items Won't be Collected:
- Any items weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Any carpet rolls larger than 5 feet in length
- Home appliances
- Household hazardous waste (paints, solvents, auto fluids, pesticides, etc.)
- Devices containing mercury (thermostats, thermometers, etc.)
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Liquids and gases (no propane tanks, fire extinguishers)
- Contractor construction debris (doors, windows, large amounts of lumber, masonry products, drywall, siding, roofing)
- Yard waste (grass, leaves, brush, garden waste, rocks)
- Household refuse normally collected each week
For more information on how to properly dispose of unacceptable items, visit the Kane County Recycles website www.countyofkane.org/recycling.