You are here

Candidates Sought for Vacant Ward 3 Alderman Seat

Ward 3 Alderman William Turner Resigns

The City of St. Charles is looking for candidates for the Ward 3 Alderman seat following William Turner’s resignation Aug. 10, 2020. In accordance with state statute, the successful candidate will be appointed by Mayor Raymond P. Rogina, with the advice and consent of the City Council. The person appointed to the seat will serve until a candidate is elected during the April 2021 consolidated election.

Turner had served on the City Council since 2005, and is past chairman of the Government Operations and Government Services committees. He also sat on the Tri-Com Board of Directors for the last 15 years, and the Tri-Com Ambulance Board for the last 6 years.

“Bill and I were partners for two years as Aldermen of the Third Ward,” said Mayor Rogina. “I appreciated his independent voice on the Council and his commitment to serve his community all these years. I wish him the best of luck as he embarks on a new chapter in his retirement.”

Residents interested in consideration for appointment to the vacant seat must reside in Ward 3 and submit a letter of interest and resume to Mayor Raymond P. Rogina. Materials either can be dropped off at City Hall; mailed to 2 E. Main Street, St. Charles, IL 60174; or emailed to All letters/resumes must be received by Aug. 31, 2020, at 4 p.m.

In accordance with 65 ILCS 5/3.1-10-5, persons interested in elective municipal office must meet the following criteria:

  1. Be a qualified elector of the municipality,
  2. Have resided in the municipality at least one year next preceding the election or appointment,
  3. Not be in arrears in the payment of a tax or other indebtedness due to the municipality or  been convicted in any court of any infamous crime, bribery, perjury, or other felony, and
  4. Reside in the ward that the person seeks to represent at least one year next preceding the election or appointment.

In addition, the Government Ethics Act requires a statement of economic interest be filed with the Kane County Clerk’s Office.

updated Sep 03, 2020