A new developer has submitted a concept plan proposing redevelopment of the former Charlestowne Mall property. The partnership of S.R. Jacobson Development Corporation and Lormax Stern Development Company LLC, have entered into a purchase agreement for the former Charlestowne Mall property with current owners The Krausz Companies, Inc.
Concept Plan Details
Concept plans show a multi-use development:
- Retaining the Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18, Von Maur, Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant, and Starbucks/Verizon buildings
- Demolition of the other mall buildings
- 40,000 square feet of new commercial development along Main Street
- A hotel pad to accommodate a 135-room hotel
- 324 Garden apartments, in the three-story buildings, on the eastern portion of the site
- 208 townhomes on the northern portion of the site
- Community Center with pool and amenities to serve the residents
S.R. Jacobson Development Corp. is the residential developer. Lormax Stern Development Company, LLC is the commercial developer. The submitted application and plans are posted on the City website at www.stcharlesil.gov/projects/charlestowne-mall-redevelopment.
The project will be scheduled for review at upcoming meetings of the Plan Commission and the Planning & Development Committee in October. Meeting dates will be announced when they are confirmed.