- The binder course of asphalt kicked off on Tuesday with the majority being completed today. However, this is only the first step in the process. The final layer and striping will be put down towards the end of the project to avoid any damage.
- Our final precast infill was completed this week at the west storm shelter.
- The second floor is officially closed for business.
The project has reached substantial completion.
Our tree trimming contractor has already selectively removed some of the trees between Route 31 and Sedgewick Circle. The clearance of trees in the rear yards of the houses along Millington Way will begin in early July. Residents on Millington who have any property (swing sets or sheds) in the easement, may be contacted to move such on a case-by-case basis.
Please be aware that of some areas of the bi-level Susan L. Klinkhamer Parking Deck on the north east corner of 1st & Illinois streets will temporarily be unavailable beginning Friday, June 28, 2019. For the next few weeks, areas will be intermittently closed during the day as construction on the current structure continues. Areas restricted during the construction day will be opened in the evenings and on weekends. Details:
- The casework for the second floor and majority of first floor was delivered early this week.
- The second floor lobby glass railing work has started.
- The exterior flatwork is ongoing with the work outside of the lobby 50% complete.
- The parking lot and drive coming in from main street are in the final stages of prep for asphalt next week (weather depending). Our site team has been focusing on keeping the concrete trucks on the approved routes so as to not ruin the prep work.
- The pond is complete!
Work will continue to progress on Deville Lane through the week of July 1st.
Anticipated construction work for the week of July 1-5
East Side Streets
- Cedar Avenue – No work
- Fieldgate Road – Roadway fabric and paving before 7/4
- Majestic Oaks Drive – Roadway fabric and paving before 7/4
- State Avenue – No work at this time
West Side Streets
Upcoming Construction Schedule (Weather Pending)
July 1 – July 5: Pour new concrete sidewalks.
July 8 – July 12: Pour new concrete curb and concrete driveway aprons.
July 15 – July 18: Fine grade roadway, pave asphalt binder and surface. Pave asphalt driveway aprons.
On Monday, July 1st and Tuesday, July 2nd, utility repairs will take place on Illinois Street between 1st Street and the bridge. To facilitate this work, on Monday, July 1, Illinois will be closed to eastbound traffic and westbound traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Illinois Street will be fully open to traffic at the end of the work day on Monday, July 1.
On Tuesday, July 2, eastbound traffic will be shifted north. The road will be fully open to traffic by the end of the day.
Next week the contractor will complete switching water services to the new water main and complete the installation of the new storm sewer.