- We have power and gas in the building
Window frames are complete at the back of the garage.
The ironworkers are holding the milestone date goals for taking over the east half of the building.
The electrician, mechanical team, and plumber are moving fast with under slab work.
Concrete pours will be happening in the next few days.
The framers are continuing to move along the north face of the building and should be complete with that area in the next two weeks.
To kick off St. Charles' 185th Anniversary celebration, below is an overview of some milestone events that have shaped our community. Credit to St. Charles: Culture and Leisure in An All-American Town by Costas Spirou.
With Restaurant Week approaching, it is only fitting that we focus on some restaurants that have shaped our past. Let’s look back and pay homage to some of the local restaurants whose history is embedded in the history of St. Charles itself.
At this time, the City has retained WBK Engineering of St. Charles to complete final engineering design, which will incorporate replacement of the water main and the sanitary sewer, as well as storm sewer improvements and roadway reconstruction.
In 2016, the City requested information from property owners through a questionnaire. We will be taking the questionnaire responses into consideration to the best of our ability as we move forward. Specifically, tree removal will be avoided where possible and sidewalk improvements will not be included.
The second phase of steel (the east side of the building) is going up as detailing continues.
Exterior framing for the north face of the building has started.
Roofing has started.
- Steel is 90% up. Phase 1 is complete.
- Framing and roofing begin this week.
- The landscaper is laying erosion blankets in the offsite areas to contain the dirt from washing on the road.
- Gas and electric utilities expected to be complete by the end of next week.
- Phase One Steel and joists are being set.
- St. Charles staff members are participating in a beam signing.
- The precast stairs are almost set and have some final detailing to do prior to being ready for concrete.
- Storm shelter precast is complete for both locations.
- The masonry mockup is complete.
- Steel is being erected at a good pace. Garage long span joists are planned to be up at the beginning of January.
- Precast erection continues.
- Steel erection has begun.
- Underground electrical continues.
- Underground electric is being installed.
- The large stormwater detention pipes are being connecting to the City's stormwater detention system and the area water will start to see improvements once it’s up and running.
- In addition to the stormwater pipes, the above-ground basin is being dug and will add to the stormwater capacity.
- Precast erection continues with a much larger crane.
- Steel is scheduled to start the week of 12/17.