Utilities & Payments - Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay my City utility bill?
There are many ways to pay your utility bill. Setting up an online profile with Paymentus gives you access to the most payment options, your usage and online payment history, and will allow you to receive email notifications. However, you don’t need an online profile to pay your bill.
- You may pay in-person at the Utility Billing Office, with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, debit cards, cash, check, or money order.
- You may pay by mail via check.
City of St. Charles Utility Billing Office
2 E. Main Street
St. Charles, IL 60174
- The City offers five convenient locations for you to drop off your electric, water or sewer bill payments. Please note all cash payments are to be made inside the Municipal Building in the Utility Billing Office.
For all utility bill payments, late payment penalties apply.
Please contact an account representative at (630) 377-4426, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with any questions.
What forms of payment are accepted for utility bills?
Pay online with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, debit cards, or from your checking account (eCheck).
If you are paying in-person at the Utility Billing Office, you also can pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, debit cards, cash, check, or money order.
No fees are applied for regular payments. However, late payment, returned check, and insufficient funds charges do apply.
How do I pay by phone?
Call the 24-hour toll-free number (844) 443-9794.
You can hear your utility balance and due date as well as pay your utility bill using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, debit cards, or from your checking account (eCheck).
You will need your 16 digit account number located at the top of your bill.
Where are the City's Drop Box locations?
City utility payment drop boxes can be found at:
- East side - 2700 block of East Main St., in the Foxfield Commons Shopping Center (near Super Cuts)
- Downtown - City Hall/Municipal Building (2 E. Main St.) - checkerboard parking lot - Drop box located in the door at the southeast side of the Municipal Building
- Downtown - City Hall/Municipal Building - north Municipal parking lot - next to the USPS mailbox
- West side - 2529 Oak Street (west of Randall Road), across from the Post Office