You are here

The Den

The Den newsletter

St. Charles Connect: A Convenient Way to Get in Touch with the City

St. Charles Connect is an easy, convenient way to get in touch with us to let us know if you have an issue we can resolve, such as a downed tree or pot hole, or to ask us questions. 

Don’t Use to It Report an Emergency
St. Charles Connect is not for reporting an emergency. For urgent situations, call 911. 

It also should not be used to report any time-sensitive issues. It is only staffed during regular business hours.

Flashing Pedestrian Signs Alert Drivers to People Waiting to Cross the Road

Flashing Pedestrian Signs are installed at certain crosswalks, usually mid-block, where there is no traffic light to stop traffic or walk sign for pedestrians to cross the street.

These signs are installed at two locations in St. Charles: Kirk & Dunham roads near St. Charles East High School Stadium and Peck Rd. & Springfield Way near Otter Cove. When pedestrians are ready to cross, they push a button that activates flashing yellow lights on the sign.

Report an Electric Outage 24/7

Call the Electric Outage Hotline 866-444-0016

City utility customers can report electric outages 24 hours a day to the City’s Electric Outage hotline at 866.444.0016. If you register your phone number, it is linked to your utility account so the outage location is automatically identified and reported when you call. You also have the option to receive a call back to confirm power restoration. updates about the outage. To register up to three phone numbers, call the Utility Billing office at 630.377.4426 or visit

Let’s Show Off St. Charles on the Local News

Chicago news stations are always looking for eye-catching photos of the Chicagoland area. Think you have the perfect shot of St. Charles? Send it t the local news stations and you may see it on the air! Let’s show off our beautiful community.

Where to Submit Your Photos

CBS Channel 2

NBC Channel 5

WGN Channel 9 

What Ward Am I In?

And How to Contact Your Alderman

The City website contains a quick and easy way for you to find out what ward you are in and to contact your Aldermen.

How to Contact Your Aldermen

Visit the City Council - Alderman page on our website under the “Government” tab at the top of the page. Scroll down for a list of Aldermen, the Ward they represent, and their conrtact information.

What Ward Am I In?

Make Safe Internet Transactions and Child Custody Exchanges

At the Police Station

The St. Charles Police Department has designated two parking spots outside the police station at 1515 W. Main Street to safely conduct internet purchase transactions and child custody exchanges. The spots are indicated with signage. The lobby of the police station will continue to serve as a safe place for conducting these transactions as well.

Both the lobby and parking spots are monitored by security cameras, and their close proximity to police personnel means residents can meet there with confidence.    

Streetlight Out? Report It Online

If you notice a streetlight (not traffic signal) is out, flickering or needs repair, you can notify us with the online service form. Fill it out and include your contact information so we can contact you if more information is needed. Streetlights are generally repaired on Fridays. Call the Public Works office at 630.377.4405 for more information or assistance in reporting a streetlight issue. Thanks for your help!

Going on Vacation? Keep Your Home Safe

There are a few courtesy programs our Police Department provides to protect your home while you are away on vacation. Stop by the Police Department front desk (211 N. Riverside Ave.) and fill out the appropriate forms. The front desk is open Monday through Friday, 6am to midnight, Saturdays 7am to 5pm, and closed on Sundays and holidays.

Vacation House Watch – Request a police officer check on your home when you are away on vacation. You can also request a house watch online

Where to Find Information on Current Projects in St. Charles

On the front page of our website, under the video welcome from the Mayor, you will see a Business & Development Projects icon. This section provides up-to-date information on large-scale private development projects that are going through the City’s review process, have been approved, or are currently under construction. Click on a project to view plan documents and information about public meetings.